E-Commerce SEO Checklist
E-commerce is an excellent platform for people to start the business with fewer hurdles and gain substantial profits. According to the report 96% of Americans and 35% per cent of people all over the world shop online. But the big mistake many online shoppers make that they only built the website and expect that people will visit their site. This will not happen.
Unless you have a huge budget to attract traffic to your eCommerce store via ads it won’t be possible. So what is the way? The answer is simple, attract organic traffic to your website, it’s absolutely free, Yes, you heard correct, its free with the search engine optimization. So, Let’s move to the 5 SEO Tips for e-Commerce Websites to drive massive traffic to your website and generate more sales.
In this post, We are going to share top tips to increase sales with the SEO techniques and get a better chance to visible in search engine result.
Content Strategy is topmost Priority
Most e-commerce businesses start their e-commerce business without making any content planning strategy. They only focus on making the product pages live and expecting the sale result.
It is important to pay close attention to what would be the content strategy going to be. Here are a few questions that will help to identify the strategy.
- Who is Targeted Audience?
- What the audience usually search?
- Problems they are facing?
- How can your content solve their problems?
- Which of your competitors get more organic traffic?
- What is the content strategy of the competitors?
- Which is the most popular blog post in your niche?
Tools like SEMRush, AHrefs can help you to find the answers of the above and also helpful for the competitor’s analysis. Once you get answers of these quetions you can start with the keywords research.
Keywords research plays an important role in E-commerce SEO Checklist. Finding the right keywords people search for and use them strategically on your website is the key success of any E-commerce website. Transaction keywords are most effective for the E-commerce business.
Google Keyword Planner is a free tool available for the keyword research, you can also go with the paid tools such as Ahrefs, Spyfu to find relevant keywords.
Here are tips for conducting keywords research
- First, Aim for long-tail keywords, they have low search volume but can easy to rank. Long-tail keywords give you a better conversion rate than the short-tail keywords.
- Do not go for the high search volume keywords for the newly built e-commerce website. Consider the toughness and level of competition you have to face for the targeted keywords. A newly built e-commerce website has low authority and backlinks. So, it’s getting difficult to rank for these strong competition keywords.
- Consider the user search intent before targeting the keywords. As I said earlier consider transactional keywords rather than navigational or informational keywords.
Create Unique Meta Tags for each page
It plays important role in ranking for your keywords on google and important step of E-commerce SEO Checklist.
You must avoid duplication of content. Google can penalize a website having duplicate content on it. Duplication is not only considered the content of the webpage but also the meta title and description of the page.
For each page, there must be meta title and meta description. It is necessary that you need to create a unique title and description for each page.
In the case of an E-commerce website, you may find that many pages have a similar product and content.
For Example, a T-shirt for men and women, in that case, you must design a separate landing page for both men and women. Here you can use the long-tail and transactional keywords for both the pages. Like you can use “buy a black T-shirt for men” or ”black T-shirt for men ”. It is a more specific search query and the intention of the user is more specific.
Meta should be included with the relevant keywords and should be engaging, interesting, short and descriptive.
Optimization of Images
Many people give less importance to the image optimization but I give it a top priority in my E-commerce SEO checklist.
For an e-commerce website with a number of products, you have use plenty of images but those images are not optimized. It shows a negative impact on user experience and on search engine ranking. Keep in mind that the Google ranking algorithm gives the same important to image optimization as of Title and Meta Description.
Important tips for optimizing images:
- JPEG is the web-friendly format for images, So make sure you have used JPEG format rather than other like PNG, WEBP etc.
- The image should be compressed and keep the size low (not more than 200kb). You can use the TinyPNG tool to compress the size of the image without affecting quality.
- Each image should have alt text, alt text used by the search engine to understand what an image means. Incase image can not be loaded properly alt text is shown to website visitors.
Improve the Loading Speed of your Website
The loading speed of the website is one of the most important ranking factors for the website. When it comes to an e-commerce website, it becomes a more crucial factor. Study shows that fast-loading page has more conversion rate. It not only affects search engine ranking but also affects the conversion rate of the website.
The user expects a webpage loaded in less than 2 seconds. If you have less page load time then you need to optimize for it. You can check page loading time with Pingdom tool and Google’s Page Speed Insight.
The loading speed of the website is also important part of the E-commerce SEO checklist.
E-commerce website struggle because of limited budget and manpower. However, if the website is optimized properly for search engine.it can attract good amount of traffic for free. Organic traffic will limit the number of dollars you can spend on ads and improve your overall profit. A consistent stream of traffic also helps you to improve online sale.
You May Also Like