Unmanned Aerial Vehicle or Drone technology is getting attention and rapidly grows popularity among all service sectors. It broke up the traditional and rigid ways of working and broke barriers in the industries with easy to use technological invention.
Over the past years, drones has been a rapidly investing sector for the businesses and government organizations. From quick delivery to trace and monitor the critical areas, drones have come up with a number of applications. Below image gives you an idea about drone future and current investment in rapidly growing technology.
Drones have capability of reaching the unmanned or critical areas with less manpower and less effort. Reduce the time, efforts and energy. One of the biggest reasons many organizations invest in such growing technology is to reach remotely to any location for individual, military officials.
Drone Technology – History and Uses
You may not believe it but trust me the roots of this advanced technology found in World War 1 when the United State of America started working on developing unmanned and automatic airplanes. In terms of adoption and development, the last few years are significant and usage and global expansion happen in the last few years.
Here are some Areas of Drone Technology Uses:
- Aerial Photography for Films and Events.
- Fast Shipping and Delivery.
- Information gathering for disaster management.
- In terms of Search and rescue operations in remote areas.
- Forecasting of tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Safety and security purpose in the Military area.
Drone Technology Applications
Military Use of Drone Technology
Security sector is the most benefited sector by drone technology. In terms of investment, this sector is at top in the world. Use for research and development, supervision drones have been part of all nations security agencies and militaries.
According to the reports, the global military spends more than $70 billion on drone technology. Drone has played a vital role in terms of replacing the human pilot in the risky operations. Unmanned Aerial Vehicle has been continuously used in military operations to prevent losses in terms of lives.
Commercial Use of Drone Technology
Commercial use of drone technology is gaining popularity and big organizations are investing in this rising technology. The commercial use of drones is less but it has grown steadily and continuously. Many medium and small companies, IT firms, Real estate sectors, photography areas now investing in this technology.
In terms of cost, it has become cheaper to develop commercial use drones. It opens the door for all areas and niches to invest in rising technology. We may see the commercial drones used in daily tasks such as cropping fertilizers, managing traffic signals, serving remote areas, never know serving pizzas at your doorstep.
Personal Use of Drone Technology
As the price of commercial drones is in budget for small businesses, personal use of drone technology also rises by the year 2021. Personal use for film industry, photography, recording, city monitoring and many more. Tech Savvy guys may refer it for the collection purpose.
According to reports, in 2019 1.1 million small hobbyist drone sales in the United States of America and the spend will rise to $17 billion on drones in the next few years. We may see children playing with drones in the next few years. For the hobbyist single roots, cameras layed with GPS and one personal battery powered drone are available in the market.
Future of Drone Technology
Drone Technology is constantly growing. Future drone technology undergoes with the progressive improvement. According to airdronecraze, Drone designers and software developers are constantly improving the technology and to understand each state of progress, it is breakdown in generation,
- Generation 1: Basic model and remote control aircrafts of all forms.
- Generation 2: Static design came with camera mount, video recording and auto piloting features.
- Generation 3: Static design with HD video recording and built with safety models.
- Generation 4: Transformative Designs, 3 Axis Gimbals, 1080P HD Wide or Higher Value Instrumentation, Improved Safety Modes, Autopilot Modes.
- Generation 5: Transformative Designs, 360° Gimbals, 4K Video or Higher Value Instrumentation, , Intelligent Piloting Modes.
- Generation 6: This is where we are standing with drone technology. Design with Safety and Regulatory Standards, Automated Safety Modes and Intelligent Piloting Models.
- Generation 7: Commercial Suitability, Design with fully Safety and Regulatory Standards, Platform & Payload Interchangeability, Automated Safety Modes, Enhanced Intelligent Piloting Models & Full Autonomy, Full Airspace Awareness, Auto Action.
The next generation, generation 7 drones are in the process now. These smart drones have built in safeguards, accurate sensors and self-monitoring. This technology is continuously progressing and growing and the upcoming generation of drones will be more safer and independable.
You may also like,